Celia Sandhya Daniels
Celia is an entrepreneur, motivational speaker, D&I champion, blogger, composer, musician, photographer, hiker, and filmmaker. She currently resides in southern California with her family. She is an Asian Indian who identifies as gender non-binary, trans fem.
Growing up as a lonely closeted trans child in a conservative middle-class Christian home in Southern India, Celia writes and speaks passionately about her mental health, gender dysphoria, and social challenges that she faced in her family, work, school, and community both in US and India.
Professional Background: She is a management consultant with over 20 plus years of demonstrated success in operating, growing, and spearheading media, healthcare, and life sciences engagements for the fortune 100 companies like Amgen, Gilead, Genentech, United Health, BlueCross, and Americhoice. As a senior regional executive with companies like IQVIA, Capgemini, Cognizant, and Dun & Bradstreet, she has managed global cross-functional teams, implemented enterprise strategies, maximizing ROI for multi-billion dollar clients. She has been consistently recognized for customer satisfaction and employee empowerment. She has a Bachelor's and Master's degree in computer science.
As a diversity and inclusion champion she educates, empowers, and advocates for (TGI) transgender and gender-expansive and Intersex individuals in the community and corporate world.
Community Advocate: Celia brings an intersectional blend of ethnicity, creativity, religion, and corporate experience in her “trans-evangelism”, as she likes to call it. She offers freelance consulting for small to large size companies and volunteers for a few non-profit organizations, churches, institutions, and community resource groups in the United States and India. She is passionate about supporting marginalized communities and individuals by providing them a safe space to address various issues relating to bullying, gender discrimination, medical, behavioral, mental health, and suicidal ideation.
She is currently focused on writing policies, educating, and building allies with local communities, businesses, churches, police dept, therapists, doctors, and organizations that fight for civil rights and economic empowerment.
Achievements & Engagements :
• Founder and CEO of Rebekon Consulting LLC.
• Received the "Social Justice Award" during the progressive awards event for 2022 from the Ventura County Democratic Party.
• Received the “Certificate of Recognition as Friend of the Port” in honor of the 2021 Women’s history month from the Oxnard Board of Harbor Commissioners in Ventura County. California.
• Received the 2019 Human Rights Campaign’s equality award for “Outstanding commitment and service to our community”.
• Serving on the Executive Board for Trans Can Work, an organization that focuses on Economic Empowerment for the Transgender and Gender Non-Binary community in North America.
• Serving as the Vice President of Stonewall Democrats of Ventura County.
• Served on the community advisory board for Fordham’s HIV and Drug Abuse Prevention Research Ethics Training Institute (RETI), funded through the National Institute on Drug Abuse.
• Served as the INTERNATIONAL AMBASSADOR for Sahodari Foundation in 2018–2019, an India-based transgender organization that empowers the transgender and gender non-binary community through education and training in creative arts.
• Contributed to the policy changes in 2019 along with TransLatino Coalition in LA to make recommendations to the State for the trans and gender non=binary community in California.
•Received the “2017 Visionary Award” from Satrang, a southern California south Asian LGBTQ+ community to honor the vision, bravery, and for speaking strongly against injustice in this political climate against the Transgender community.
• She currently leads the Indivisible: Conejo LGBTQ+ ( Civil Right organization ) and is an active volunteer with Diversity Collective-Ventura, Toastmasters, PFLAG, and FFLUID support groups in Southern California.